- RSS Channel Showcase 3407798
- RSS Channel Showcase 8151802
- RSS Channel Showcase 6659777
- RSS Channel Showcase 1673670
Articles on this Page
- 08/15/16--03:00: _7 Rules to Live by ...
- 09/01/16--03:45: _Day Trips to Mackin...
- 10/01/16--03:00: _Michigan’s Upper Pe...
- 10/18/16--15:12: _How does one find w...
- 11/27/16--07:00: _Finally Fall at Twi...
- 01/25/17--03:00: _Things to do in Mic...
- 02/08/17--03:00: _Wolf Facts: What yo...
- 03/08/17--03:00: _Bird Watching is a ...
- 03/15/17--03:00: _Resort Life Update ...
- 03/22/17--03:00: _Mackinac Bridge Eve...
- 03/29/17--03:00: _Morel Mushroom Hunt...
- 04/05/17--03:00: _Outdoor Activities ...
- 04/12/17--03:00: _Morel Mushroom Reci...
- 04/19/17--03:00: _resort life update:...
- 04/26/17--03:00: _7 Most Scenic Hikin...
- 05/10/17--03:00: _Fisherman Approved ...
- 06/21/17--03:00: _2nd Annual Kayak Ba...
- 07/12/17--03:00: _Meet our Fleet and ...
- 07/26/17--03:00: _Twin Cedars goes fi...
- 08/16/17--03:00: _Is it worth it? Tah...
- 08/15/16--03:00: 7 Rules to Live by when Visiting Mackinac Island: being a fudgie
- 09/01/16--03:45: Day Trips to Mackinac Island, ladies that lunch
- 10/01/16--03:00: Michigan’s Upper Peninsula Bucket List, 50 things to do
- 10/18/16--15:12: How does one find words…
- 11/27/16--07:00: Finally Fall at Twin Cedars Resort 2016
- 01/25/17--03:00: Things to do in Michigan: Eastern U.P. Edition
- 02/08/17--03:00: Wolf Facts: What you should know in Michigan’s U.P.
- 03/08/17--03:00: Bird Watching is a thing! 4 ways to get started
- 03/15/17--03:00: Resort Life Update 3-17 & those floating shelves!
- 03/22/17--03:00: Mackinac Bridge Events: all the fun ways to cross
- 03/29/17--03:00: Morel Mushroom Hunting: 10 Tips you may not know
- 04/05/17--03:00: Outdoor Activities for Springtime in Upper Michigan
- 04/12/17--03:00: Morel Mushroom Recipes, a delicious round-up
- 04/19/17--03:00: resort life update: Gearing Up for Another Season 2017
- 04/26/17--03:00: 7 Most Scenic Hiking Trails in the Eastern U.P.
- 05/10/17--03:00: Fisherman Approved Kayak Upgrades that make your life easier
- 06/21/17--03:00: 2nd Annual Kayak Bass Tournament at Twin Cedars Resort
- 07/12/17--03:00: Meet our Fleet and the newest (boat) addition!
- 07/26/17--03:00: Twin Cedars goes field trippin’– Oswald’s Bear Ranch
- 08/16/17--03:00: Is it worth it? Tahquamenon Falls Brewery & Pub
Small towns all across northern Michigan are known as tourist destinations. Many with their own unique distinctions, but few are as recognizable for its differences as Mackinac Island. Visiting Mackinac Island is a magical experience, taking you back in time and is everything a summer vacation should be.
The post 7 Rules to Live by when Visiting Mackinac Island: being a fudgie appeared first on The Twin Cedars.
What do a few girlfriends do when one has a birthday and the others need a great excuse to play a little hooky from work? Well, when you can simply look out your window at work and see Mackinac Island floating in the distance, you wonder what just the tiniest vacation could hurt? Day trips […]
Bucket lists are very personal that require a lot of thought. The point is to experience something fully. Reach beyond your comfort zone and go for it!
The post Michigan’s Upper Peninsula Bucket List, 50 things to do appeared first on The Twin Cedars.
Harold H. Klave 4/15/45 – 10/16/16 He Only Takes The Best God saw you getting tired, And the cure was not to be; So, He put His arms around you, And whispered, “Come with me” With tearful eyes we watched you suffer, And saw you fade away; Although we couldn’t bear to lose you We […]
Photos can take a single moment in time and eternalize it. How often do you remember a point in your life based on the photos you see surrounding that moment? We can no longer look at Fall the same way.
The Upper Peninsula is full of things to do but knowing where to start can be a marathon. So let’s just say your location has been determined and you’ve reserved at the best little lakefront cabin resort. Your budget is set, so now what? When you find yourself trying to plan things to do in […]
Like many of the posts I write, this one also stems from my own curiosity and desire to get educated. Last spring I was trying to get in shape, running almost daily on our surrounding trails, down 2 tracks and dirt roads. Then about mid-June I had a conversation. One that completely changed my perspective, […]
The post Wolf Facts: What you should know in Michigan’s U.P. appeared first on The Twin Cedars.
I’m forever intrigued by the diverse interests in our resort guests and sometimes it sparks something within me. When I first heard the term “bird watching,” I think I pictured something like this: a nursing home with bird feeders poised in front of strategically placed windows, with half interested old folks gazing into the distance. […]
A quick post about what we’re up to around the resort this time of year. Mid-March and we’re still knee deep in snow. This time last year we were already looking at green grass but I’m pretty sure that’s not the usual. Temps have been in the single digits and I seriously think I’m going […]
The Mackinac Bridge is by far one of the most iconic Michigan landmarks. Connecting our upper peninsula to its lower sister, this bridge has brought us all together with 60+ years of easier travel. Events on the Mackinac Bridge have become very popular in recent years with requests for different groups crossing on the rise. […]
First of all I will not trick you into thinking I’m the greatest mushroomer. I’m the worst hunter of fungus known to man. I couldn’t spot one if it was 6 feet tall and tapping me on the shoulder. So once again I’m writing and researching a topic that will start me on a path […]
Oh glorious warmer weather how we love you so! Our long winter hibernation has had me thinking…dreaming of springtime. Get out there, soak up some sunshine (with sunscreen on of course) and do some springtime outdoor activities. This post contains affiliate links. That means when you click through and make a purchase, The Twin Cedars […]
The post Outdoor Activities for Springtime in Upper Michigan appeared first on The Twin Cedars.
A couple weeks ago we posted some tips on how to find those elusive little buggers so today we’re sharing some of the best morel mushroom recipes gathered from around the web. Here’s to hoping we find the mother load! This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. That means when you click through and […]
They call it the “the push,” when little tourist towns begin to wake up from their long winter’s nap and start getting ready for another season. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. That means when you click through and make a purchase, The Twin Cedars blog may receive a small commission at […]
The post resort life update: Gearing Up for Another Season 2017 appeared first on The Twin Cedars.
My brother came to me recently with a big idea. He has it all mapped out in his head with a 5 year plan to take a 6 month backpacking trip from Mexico to Canada. You see, my little brother, who’s 18 now and towers over me, has never been much for the outdoors let […]
When we were in talks of taking over the resort we knew right away that we wanted a fleet of kayaks. Thinking they would be a great addition to the row boats and motor boats that we offer but for those who wish to paddle solo and feel just a bit closer to nature. Our […]
The post Fisherman Approved Kayak Upgrades that make your life easier appeared first on The Twin Cedars.
Father’s Day is now slotted for our Annual Kayak Bass Tournament. With the 2nd event here for 2017 we were hoping for some better weather but just like traditions are started and carried on here at the resort, we sure wouldn’t like wind and rain as a constant every year. This year was once again […]
The post 2nd Annual Kayak Bass Tournament at Twin Cedars Resort appeared first on The Twin Cedars.
Once upon a time there was a boy who loved to fish. He loved to fish so much that he grew up and bought a bass boat. The boy loved the bass boat. He felt that he would always have a bass boat that he could fish from with his friends and family and participate […]
It’s so fun to be a tourist in the U.P. It’s only taken us 3 seasons to be able to get out and enjoy our surroundings and area attractions. Oswald’s Bear Ranch is about 30 to 45 minutes from Twin Cedars Resort. It’s a fairly quick stop but you could mosey about for as long […]
The post Twin Cedars goes field trippin’ – Oswald’s Bear Ranch appeared first on The Twin Cedars.
A recent trip out as a tourist in our own neck of the woods had me really wanting to scope out the Tahquamenon Falls Brewery & Pub. Located at the Upper Falls amongst the gift shop and several small outside eateries, it has a sweet rustic appeal that fits perfectly with the outdoorsy décor. I’m not […]